Thanks Aunt Martha!

My Aunt Martha makes beautiful stepping stones. She made Greg and I a couple when we got married and they turned out awesome. Our wedding was a western themed wedding and she put our names and the date of our marriage and used barb wire in the stone. Well .... I went to my cousin's wife Samara's baby shower today and my Aunt Martha brought me 3 stepping stones for Ty's garden. They turned out beautiful. I am just floored by how awesome they look and how nice it was for her to make them for Ty. I was looking for a headstone to put by Ty's grave but didn't have the money to spend on one so my mom asked Martha if she would make a stepping stone for Ty. And this is what she came up with. I absolutely love it!



She practiced first on these two so she could see if she could make it work putting the figurines on top.



I didn't get a chance to put them at Ty's grave but I had to take them out of my trunk and take a picture. I love them so much and am so glad I have such a talented and kind aunt!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They all look really nice!!!! I really like the angle one!




Lylia

Rachel said...

Nikki-
I had to come "visit" since you commented on my blog and I'm not sure how you found me. It's interesting, b/c just up until a week or so ago, I had the same blog background.

I'm so sorry about Ty - that he went to Heaven so soon. I've often struggled with wondering how intense grief must be for a mom who loses a baby when she has no other living children. I can't imagine that pain, but I'm thankful you have Jesus to carry you!

Something you might want to check out is progesterone therapy (if your levels are low) when you do conceive again. I have been doing it with my current pregnancy (Caleb) after having a miscarriage four months after Felicity's death. Check it out at www.naprotechnology.com

Blessings,
Rachel